Guyra Shire: Families
Guyra Preschool and Long Day Care Centre
Armidale and District Family Day Care
169 Miller Street, Armidale
Phone: 02 6772 5300
Providing affordable, flexible care options for Families (including Out of Hours School Care, Vacation Care and In- Home Care). 24 hour support to registered Educators who provide high quality care and education in home based settings.
Address: 59 Ollera St, Guyra
Phone: 02 6779 1635
The hub at Guyra runs a variety of events for youth and adults alike, providing adivsory services as well as facilitating social events for adults and youth in the community. Find out about their upcomming events on their facebook pages, The Hub At Guyra and Guyra Youth At The Hub.
Their professional staff can also provide assistance regarding:
- Children’s services such as Family Support, Playgroups, Family & Child Health
- Youth activities including Youth Worker and youth evening 5pm-8pm Wednesdays
- Financial Counselling via New England Salvation Army Financial Counsellors
- Mental Health support resources
- Family Counselling support resources
- Support Groups
- Gambling support services
- Alcoholism support services
- New England Medicare Local Ltd and Aboriginal Healthlink
- Local community groups
- General information for new and existing residents of the Guyra community
Phone: 0429 922 981
Guyra Family Support Service helps families with children, aged birth to 8 years, through difficult times. Professional staff are able to visit at the family home or an alternative location. A supported playgroup is held each Tuesday of the school term in the Transition Room at Guyra Central School from 10-12. This is a free service for families.