Gwydir Shire: Businesses
Sources of Business Assistance
Contact: Tim Cotter
Phone: 02 6761 3624
AusIndustry is a specialist program delivery division within the Department of Industry that are a key source of information and referral over a range of business areas. They work across all levels of government and reach even the most remote areas of Australia. AusIndustry:
- delivers many business programs worth about $2 billion each year;
- has customer service managers in more than 20 offices across Australia, including 15 regional offices;
- it has a long-standing relationship with Australian business with more than 15 years’ experience in dealing with business and business issues.
Contact: Rick Hutton 02 6724 1303
Web Page: www.bingara.com.au/index.cfm?page_id=1095
Vision 2020 is a community focus and action group. It is a little bit like a Chamber of Commerce. A little bit like a Progress Association. A little bit like a lobby group and a little bit like a think tank. Its simple theme is REGENERATION – taking the best of the past and blending it with the best of the new. It has broad interests – Agriculture, Commerce, Tourism, Education, Health, and Environment. It aims high, but keeps its feet on the ground and views all things with 20/20 vision. Anyone can be a member. It is open to thinkers, doers, helpers, supporters, even critics, and it is set on achieving the best possible results in every project it undertakes. It is intent on giving assistance and guidance, encouraging Bingara and District to survive and thrive as it progresses towards the year 2020.
Address: 33 Maitland Street, Bingara
Phone: 02 6724 2000
Shop 26 Hanna’s Arcade, Beardy St East Mall, Armidale
Contact: Mike Creagan
Phone: 02 6771 2556
BEC Australia is a not-for-profit organisation whose primary role is to support and grow the national network of Business Enterprise Centres and provide representation on behalf of its members to key stakeholders. The BEC’s services include:
- Business information
- Training programs
- Business referrals
- Government grants and assistance programs
- business networking
- Mentoring support
- Business analysis
Address: Suite 2, Level 2, 454-456 Peel Street, Tamworth
Phone: 02 6766 5905
Committed to helping the regional business community, the New England North West NSW Business Chamber provides hands-on assistance to help identify and understand your workplace challenges. Their vast range of products and services can help you to sustain and grow your business.
They can help your business with:
- gaining a voice at local, regional, state and federal levels of government and authority, through the lobbying power of the NSW Business Chamber
- industrial relations matters, including wage rates, penalties and staff issues
- occupational health & safety compliance
- keeping you up-to-date with your workplace obligations via educational seminars
- marketing advice
- international trade assistance.
Address: Level 1, 11-15 Dowe Street, Tamworth
Contact: Darren Keegan
Phone: (02) 6766 1360
In 2013, Regional Development Australia – Northern Inland conducted a survey of councils in the region to provide an overview of the industrial land situation for potential investors. A summary of this information is provided in the following table and charts. Price information was derived from recent sales provided by a local property valuer.
Detailed data for each of the council areas who have supplied data on Industrial Land in a spreadsheet is available here.
The industrial land locations in Moree are shown in this map: Moree Map