Tamworth Region: Businesses
New England North West Business Enterprise Centre
NSW Trade and Investment
Tamworth Chamber of Commerce
Tamworth Regional Council
Contact: Tim Cotter
Phone: 02 6761 3624
AusIndustry is a specialist program delivery division within the Department of Industry that are a key source of information and referral over a range of business areas. They work across all levels of government and reach even the most remote areas of Australia. AusIndustry:
- delivers many business programs worth about $2 billion each year;
- has customer service managers in more than 20 offices across Australia, including 15 regional offices;
- it has a long-standing relationship with Australian business with more than 15 years’ experience in dealing with business and business issues.
Shop 26 Hanna’s Arcade, Beardy St East Mall, Armidale
Contact: Mike Creagan
Phone: 02 6771 2556
BEC Australia is a not-for-profit organisation whose primary role is to support and grow the national network of Business Enterprise Centres and provide representation on behalf of its members to key stakeholders. The BEC’s services include:
- Business information
- Training programs
- Business referrals
- Government grants and assistance programs
- business networking
- Mentoring support
- Business analysis
Address: Suite 2, Level 2, 454-456 Peel Street, Tamworth
Phone: 02 6766 5905
Committed to helping the regional business community, the New England North West NSW Business Chamber provides hands-on assistance to help identify and understand your workplace challenges. Their vast range of products and services can help you to sustain and grow your business.
They can help your business with:
- gaining a voice at local, regional, state and federal levels of government and authority, through the lobbying power of the NSW Business Chamber
- industrial relations matters, including wage rates, penalties and staff issues
- occupational health & safety compliance
- keeping you up-to-date with your workplace obligations via educational seminars
- marketing advice
- international trade assistance.
Address: Level 1, 11-15 Dowe Street, Tamworth
Contact: Darren Keegan
Phone: (02) 6766 1360
Address: Suite 4, Level 1, 314 Peel Street, Tamworth
Phone: 02 6766 4810
Our mission statement is“To be a catalyst for building a better Tamworth & District and to provide a forum for information and services which stimulate and enhance business for its members”.
Key Functions of the Tamworth Business Chamber:
- Advocacy – Tamworth’s largest pro-business and pro-regional voice. We want what’s best for you and we work hard to try and achieve it.
- Networking – Chamber Membership provides many opportunities to mix with your business peers, make new contacts and get your business out there.
- Information – Find out what’s happening locally, regionally, nationally. Informative events that are educational and inspirational help you to stay connected with the latest happenings.
- Business Support – Got a problem, we can help. Whether it’s fixing up a free appointment at our monthly IR clinics to questions on advertising through to issues with planning we aim to help. We offer the support of our office staff coupled with support provided through the NSW Business Chamber Alliance Programme providing you with access to experts in a range of fields. Whatever the query just pick up the phone and we will be there to help.
- Corporate citizenship – We offer you the chance to publicly demonstrate your support to the region and to work with us to help build a better Tamworth for all our benefits.
Address: Ray Walsh House, 437 Peel Street, Tamworth
Phone: 02 6767 5555
Address: 27 Alice Street, Barraba
Phone: 02 6782 1105
Address: 210 Manilla Street, Manilla
Phone: 02 6761 0200
Address: 58 Jenkins Street, Nundle
Phone: 02 6769 3205
In 2013, Regional Development Australia – Northern Inland conducted a survey of councils in the region to provide an overview of the industrial land situation for potential investors. A summary of this information is provided in the following table and charts. Price information was derived from recent sales provided by a local property valuer.
Detailed data for each of the council areas who have supplied data on Industrial Land in a spreadsheet is available here.