Gunnedah Shire: Businesses
Sources for Business Assistance
Contact: Tim Cotter
Phone: 02 6761 3624
AusIndustry is a specialist program delivery division within the Department of Industry that are a key source of information and referral over a range of business areas. They work across all levels of government and reach even the most remote areas of Australia. AusIndustry:
- delivers many business programs worth about $2 billion each year;
- has customer service managers in more than 20 offices across Australia, including 15 regional offices;
- it has a long-standing relationship with Australian business with more than 15 years’ experience in dealing with business and business issues.
The Gunnedah and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc welcomes all individuals and businesses to have an interest in the local business community. Current membership ranges from large manufacturing businesses to small owner-operated concerns.
The chamber is involved in:
- Regular networking events
- Presentation of a variety of seminars each year on topics ranging from business management to staff development
Address: 63 Elgin Street, Gunnedah
Phone: 02 6740 2100
Shop 26 Hanna’s Arcade, Beardy St East Mall, Armidale
Contact: Mike Creagan
Phone: 02 6771 2556
BEC Australia is a not-for-profit organisation whose primary role is to support and grow the national network of Business Enterprise Centres and provide representation on behalf of its members to key stakeholders. The BEC’s services include:
- Business information
- Training programs
- Business referrals
- Government grants and assistance programs
- business networking
- Mentoring support
- Business analysis
Address: Suite 2, Level 2, 454-456 Peel Street, Tamworth
Phone: 02 6766 5905
Committed to helping the regional business community, the New England North West NSW Business Chamber provides hands-on assistance to help identify and understand your workplace challenges. Their vast range of products and services can help you to sustain and grow your business.
They can help your business with:
- gaining a voice at local, regional, state and federal levels of government and authority, through the lobbying power of the NSW Business Chamber
- industrial relations matters, including wage rates, penalties and staff issues
- occupational health & safety compliance
- keeping you up-to-date with your workplace obligations via educational seminars
- marketing advice
- international trade assistance.
Address: Level 1, 11-15 Dowe Street, Tamworth
Contact: Darren Keegan
Phone: (02) 6766 1360
Plains of Plenty Co-operative
A community based group which promotes and retails district produce and locally made.
In 2013, Regional Development Australia – Northern Inland conducted a survey of councils in the region to provide an overview of the industrial land situation for potential investors. A summary of this information is provided in the following table and charts. Price information was derived from recent sales provided by a local property valuer.
Detailed data for each of the council areas who have supplied data on Industrial Land in a spreadsheet is available here.